Call for Applications
The 18th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors
Eco-generation would like to announce the call for applications for the 18th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors Program.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassador is an elite position awarded to the youth aged between 13 and 24 qualified to represent Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassador Program provides exceptional experiences with the opportunities to actively plan, to execute or participate in various environmental awareness programs in each region and country.
As a representative to Tunza Eco-generation, Eco-generation Regional Ambassador must embody the spirit and values of Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise environmental awareness for each region and country they are representing.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors would carry the voice of the future generations at an international level. Since new visitors will gain their first impression of Tunza Eco-generation through Eco-generation Ambassadors, they are also expected to be knowledgeable on current environmental issues and on the information about Tunza Eco-generation platform as well.
We look forward to many applications from the youths eager to protect the planet Earth.
All Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 13 and 24(as of the date of application deadline) who are enthusiastic to spread news and stories about their local environmental issues at a global level.
¡®The 18th Eco-generation Regional Ambassador¡¯ (hereinafter referred to as ¡®Ambassador¡¯ or 'Ambassadors') shall be in the position for 6 (Six) months from March in 2017 until August in 2017.
- 6 (Six) months coverage plan
*Click here to see the ¡®Guide for the Activity Point System¡¯.
- 6 (Six) months of coverage plan should be stated based on the concrete action plans.
- Any false information on an application form can cause disqualification or cancelation of position even after being selected
- Eco-generation team shall strictly disqualify any candidates who have accrued the points in an unfair way.
*Examples of unfair practice in gathering activity points are as below:
∙ Uploading many pointless short articles with only a few lines long in a short period of time
∙ Dividing one article into multiple articles just to increase the number of articles
∙ Putting short & half-hearted comments without actually reading articles
∙ Secretly putting comments on old articles are regarded as cheating.
4.1. Mandatory duties- An ¡®Ambassador¡¯ must post at least 2(Two) reports a month in regards to the environmental issues taking places in his/her region.
- An ¡®Ambassador¡¯ should check their email box and Eco-generation ¡®Ambassador¡¯ Forum often so as to promptly respond to Eco-generation team¡¯s notice.
4.2. Optional duties- An ¡®Ambassador¡¯ shall voluntarily plan and execute campaigns and events to raise environmental awareness and to promote TUNZA Eco-generation in their local communities.- An ¡®Ambassador¡¯ shall try to leave comments on other ¡®Ambassador¡¯s reports after carefully reading them as often as possible for active idea exchanges and for encouraging each other¡¯s efforts and campaigns.
- An ¡®Ambassador¡¯ shall join various events including Monthly Events, Essay Competition and etc. of the Tunza Eco-generation website.
- Improvement of environmental leadership
- Enhancing promotions for one¡¯s organization or environmental awareness programs
- Online mentoring program to be provided on all ambassador reports
- Promotional goods for effective environmental awareness campaigns to be planned and executed by an ¡®Ambassador¡¯
- Certificate to verify successful completion of the ¡®Ambassador¡¯ term
- Reference letters
- The 3(Three) best ambassador reports will be published on the monthly Tunza Eco-generation Newsletter which is publicly released to the Tunza Eco-generation members.
- Recognition of the ¡°Best Ambassador of the term¡± shall be given to 1(One) ¡®Ambassador¡¯ who shows the most passionate and active environmental accomplishments as well as the participations in various events of Tunza Eco-generation. A certificate and souvenir will be given to the Best Ambassador at the end of the term. The process and final decision on the selection shall be planned and confirmed by Eco-generation team.
6. Completion of Ambassador term
- Ambassadors who posted the minimum 12 valid ambassador reports will be eligible for term completion and the certificate.
- Ambassadors who successfully completed their term will get significant advantage in the term extension process. (Please check the details at the section 7. Extension of Ambassador term.)
- If the posted ambassador reports turn out to be invalid due to lack in format, copyright issue, etc., Eco-generation can cancel the term completion even after the issuance of the certificate.
- To reduce the CO2 emission, the certificate will be issued in PDF format.
7. Extension of Ambassador term
- A current Ambassador who successfully completed both mandatory and optional duties will get the privilege of being selected without the screening process.
- In spite of the privilege of screening exemption, the 6(SIX) months coverage plan and the motivation should be completed on the Application form Page and submitted within the application deadline. In short, the application form submission is required in the same way but the contents of it will not effect the result.
- Age limitation shall not be applied to the current Ambassador who completed his or her term successfully.
- A current Ambassador who has failed to complete the mandatory duties or has misbehaved shall be regarded as a new applicant.
- An Ambassador can broaden their region to the continental level upon their request after successfully covering their country for 1(ONE) year straight. However, if the Ambassador covers one¡¯s country only during the continental ambassadorship period, his/her coverage will return to the country level in the next term.
- An Ambassador can cover only 1 (ONE) country/continent during the ambassador term.
- Examples of improper behavior which may cause disqualification of term extension include
∙ Irregular posting of the ambassador reports
∙ Violation of copyright laws
∙ Insincere communications such as not responding to Eco-generation's notice e-mails
∙ Ignoring other Ambassadors activities such as not adding comments on their posts
∙ Cancelation of events after receiving Eco-generation's promotional goods
8. How to apply
- Visit Tunza Eco-generation/E-gen Event/Ambassador Program/Application form
- Please submit your plan on how and what to cover your issues for six (6) months when you become an ambassador to your country.
- Application form must include correct mobile phone number, e-mail address and facebook account.
- Please upload your profile picture on the personal information page.
- By using our Services you agree to provide true, accurate and current information solely for the Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors program.
- If any of mandatory information is missing, application will be disqualified.
- If you have reference files (PDF and MS office format only), please attach them using reference button on the bottom of the application form. File name should be in English.
- Basically, One (1) Ambassador shall be selected for each region and country. However, if applicants have distinctive environmental experiences or 6 months coverage plans, multiple ambassadors can be selected for one region or country.
- The personal information in the application form must be correct. Eco-generation is not responsible for any problem caused by incorrect personal information. If the selected ambassador does not respond to Eco-generation's confirmation request e-mail in 3 business days, the selection will be automatically canceled and the opportunity will be given to the next applicant.
- Only One (1) entry per applicant is allowed. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
- Paper and email applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Belated applications via email will not be considered.
- Deadline for application is February 19th, 2017 (GMT+0).
11. Result Announcement
- Announcement will be on February 24th 2017 (GMT +0) on Tunza Eco-generation website.
Are there other qualifications for Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors?
- Environmentally friendly mind
- Integrity, fair practices
- Active participation in Tunza Eco-generation programs
- Internet-friendly environment
- Good at utilizing SNS
I've failed to upload files to the Application form page. What's the reason?
- Please be noted that the file names MUST NOT include any special characters or spaces.
- The maximum size for profile picture is 1 MB, for reference file is 10 MB.
- Only PDF and MS office word format can be uploaded to the application form.
Is there anything an Eco-generation Regional Ambassador should be cautious regarding posting articles?
- Inappropriate articles which are violating the copyright law, provocative and insulting can be deleted without any prior notice.
- Violation on the copyright law will be dealt seriously. Ambassador articles largely copied from other sources will not be allowed.
- Irregular article uploading may cause disadvantage in ambassador term extension.
- Articles not related to environmental issues will not be counted as the ambassador article.
- Articles which contain simply links of other environmental news will not be counted as the ambassador article.
- An article should contain more than 4 paragraphs originally written by the ambassador or it won't be regarded as an ambassador article.
- An article with few contents which would not be normally regarded as an article
How can an Ambassador get a Reference Letter?
- TUNZA Eco-generation doesn't provide any form of letters for college or university admission.
- A reference letter can be issued only for ambassadors who have completed the first 3 months successfully. (Minimum 6 articles regularly uploaded)
- Format and details for any recommendation letter should be provided by the applicant.
How can an Ambassador get extra promotional goods for a campaign?
The promotional goods shall be provided to the qualified Ambassadors every 3 months (1st and 4th).
- Eligibility: Ambassadors submitted ¡®the Request for the promotional goods¡¯ and ¡®the Consent to Use of Personal
Information¡¯ before the given deadline
- Eligibility: Ambassadors posting the ambassador reports and the related report on
the use of the promotion goods on schedule
- The number and items of the promotional goods may be changed by Eco-generation¡¯s evaluation on the contents of the ¡®form¡¯ and activity status of the Ambassador.
What should I do if I can't upload Two (2) articles a month?
- There can be ambassadors who cannot keep the posting schedule for a while due to exams or other important events. Ambassadors who are in such situations can send an excuse e-mail explaining the situation with concrete catch up plan. If Eco-generation team agrees on the situation and catch up plan, the ambassador can delay the posting schedule during the term specified on the excuse e-mail.
- If absent period is too long (more than 2 months in a row), there can be significant disadvantage in ambassador term extension.
If you have any inquiry not answered in the above application details and FAQ, please e-mail us at email@example.com