- About Us
- Our Actions
- E-gen Event
- UNEP Event
- Fun Land
The 17th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors
by Eco Generation | 21-07-2016 17:07 12 Comments
Call for Applications
The 17th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors
Eco-generation would like to announce the call for applications for the 17th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors Program.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassador is an elite position awarded to the youth aged between 13 and 24 qualified to represent Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassador Program provides exceptional experiences with the opportunities to actively plan, to execute or participate in various environmental awareness programs in each region and country.
As a representative to Tunza Eco-generation, Eco-generation Regional Ambassador must embody the spirit and values of Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise environmental awareness for each region and country they are representing.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors would carry the voice of the future generations at an international level. Since new visitors will gain their first impression of Tunza Eco-generation through Eco-generation Ambassadors, they are also expected to be knowledgeable on current environmental issues and on the information about Tunza Eco-generation platform as well.
We look forward to many applications from the youths eager to protect the planet Earth.
- All Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 13 and 24 (as of 21st August, 2016) who are enthusiastic to spread news and stories about their local environmental issues at a global level
- The 17th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors (hereinafter referred to as 'ambassador') shall be in the position for six (6) months from September 2016 until February 2017.
- 70% of Application + 30% of Activity Points out of 100%
- Six (6) month of coverage plan should be stated based on the concrete action plans.
- Any false information on an application form can cause disqualification or cancelation of position even after being selected
- Any unfair practice in gathering activity points can cause disqualification.
*For detailed information on point system, please refer to the Notice [World] Guide for the Activity Point System. Eco-generation team shall strictly disqualify any candidates who have accrued the points in an unfair way.
*Examples of unfair practice in gathering activity points are as below:
- Uploading many pointless short articles with only a few lines long in a short period of time
- Dividing one article into multiple articles just to increase the number of articles
- Putting short & half-hearted comments without actually reading articles
- Secretly putting comments on old articles are regarded as cheating.
- An ambassador must post at least two reports a month, one about the environmental issues given by Eco-generation and the other report about the environmental issues taking places in your region.
- An ambassador should check e-mail box and Eco-generation Ambassador Forum often so as to promptly respond to Eco-generation team's notice.
- If there is any change on the personal information such as e-mail, contact number and home address, changed personal information must be submitted to the Eco-generation team.
- An ambassador shall plan and execute campaigns and events to raise environmental awareness and to promote TUNZA Eco-generation in the local communities.
- An ambassador shall try to leave comments on other ambassadors' reports after carefully reading them as often as possible for active idea exchange and for encouraging each other's efforts and campaigns.
- Improvement of environmental leadership trait
- Enhancing promotions for one's organization or environmental awareness programs
- Promotion goods for effective environmental awareness events to be planned and executed by an ambassador
- Certificate to verify successful completion of the Ambassador's term
- Reference letters
- 3 best ambassador reports will be published to all the Eco-generation members in a form of monthly Tunza Eco-generation Newsletter.
- One ambassador who showed the most passionate and active environmental activities shall be awarded the Best Ambassador Award with a certificate and souvenir. This award shall be judged by Eco-generation team.
- One (1) Most Passionate Ambassador Award and one (1) Best Motivator Award shall be given to the ones who showed the most passionate activities and comment-postings. These awards shall be judged by the votes among ambassadors. Certificate will be given.
- Ambassadors aged between 13 and 15 can be a potential delegate to the 2017 Global Youth Eco-Leadership Summit to be held in Seoul, Korea with voluntary application.
- Ambassadors aged between 17 and 24 can be a potential facilitator to the 2017 Global Youth Eco-Leadership Summit to be held in Seoul, Korea with voluntary application.
6.     Extension of ambassador term
- Current ambassadors who successfully completed the ambassador's duties can extend the ambassador term by submitting an application form to the next term with the new 6 months coverage plan and motivation without screening procedure.
- Any current ambassador who wants to extend his or her term should apply again via Application form Page within the application deadline of the next recruitment.
- Age limitation shall not be applied to the current ambassadors who completed their terms successfully.
- Current Ambassadors who have failed to complete their mandatory duties shall be regarded as new applicant.
- Ambassadors can broaden their region to the continental level upon their request after successfully covering their country for ONE YEAR straight. However, if an ambassador only covers one's country during the continental ambassador period, their coverage will return to the country level in the next term.
- One ambassador can cover only ONE country/continent during the term.
- Examples of improper behaviors which may cause disqualification of term extension include
∙ Irregular report posting
∙ Violation on the copyright law
∙ Insincere communication such as not responding Eco-generation's notice
e-mail and not putting comments on other ambassadors' posts
∙ Cancelation of events after receiving Eco-generation's promotional goods
7.     How to apply
- Please submit your plan on how and what to cover your issues for six (6) months when you become an ambassador to your country.
- Application form must include correct mobile phone number, e-mail address and facebook account.
- Please upload your profile picture on the personal information page.
- By using our Services you agree to provide true, accurate and current information solely for the Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors program.
- If any of mandatory items is missing, application will be disqualified.
- If you have reference files (PDF and MS office format only), please attach them using reference button on the bottom of the application form. File name should be in English.
- Basically, one (1) Ambassador shall be selected for each region and country. However, if applicants have distinctive environmental experiences or 6 months coverage plans, multiple ambassadors can be selected for one region or country.
- The personal information in the application form must be correct. Eco-generation is not responsible for any problem caused by incorrect personal information. If the selected ambassador does not respond to Eco-generation's confirmation request e-mail in 5 business days, the selection will be automatically canceled and the opportunity will be given to the next applicant.
- Only one entry per applicant is allowed. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
- Paper and e-mail applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Belated applications via email will not be considered.
- Deadline for application is August 21st, 2016 (GMT+0).
10.  Result Announcement
- Announcement will be on August 26th 2016 (GMT +0), via Tunza Eco-generation website.
Are there other qualifications for Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors?
- Environmentally friendly mind
- Integrity, fair practices
- Active participation in Tunza Eco-generation programs
- Internet-friendly environment
- Good at utilizing SNS
I've failed to upload files to the Application form page. What's the reason?
- Please be noted that name of the files MUST NOT include any special characters or spaces.
- The maximum size for profile picture is 1 MB, for reference file is 10 MB.
- Only PDF and MS office word format can be uploaded to the application form.
Is there anything an Eco-generation Regional Ambassador should be cautious regarding posting articles?
- Ambassador articles largely copied from other sources will not be allowed.
- Violation on the copyright law will be dealt seriously.
- Inappropriate articles which are violating the copyright law, provocative and insulting can be deleted without any prior notice.
- Irregular article uploading may cause disadvantage in ambassador term extension.
- Articles not related to environmental issues will not be counted as the ambassador article.
- Articles which contain simply links of other environmental news will not be counted as the ambassador article.
- An article should contain more than 4 paragraphs or it won't be regarded as an ambassador article.
- An article with few contents which would not be normally regarded as an article
How can an Ambassador get a Reference Letter?
- TUNZA Eco-generation doesn't provide any form of letters for college or university admission.
- A reference letter can be issued only for ambassadors who have completed the first 3 months successfully. (Minimum 6 articles regularly uploaded)
- Format and details for any recommendation letter should be provided by the applicant.
How can an Ambassador get extra promotional goods for a campaign?
- Request form for Promotion Goods will be distributed to all ambassadors via E-mail. Any ambassador who needs promotional goods must fill out all required information on the request form as detail as possible and submit the form to Eco-generation team via e-mail.
- Any promotional goods can be provided only to ambassadors regularly uploading articles on schedule.
- Considering differences in local postal services and adjustment process between an Ambassador and Eco-generation team, a request form must be submitted at least 3 weeks before the event.
- Eco-generation doesn?t take responsibility of tax payment including tariff on the requested goods.
- There are countries which up to 2kg of promotional goods can be sent.
What should I do if I can't upload two (2) articles a month?
- There can be ambassadors who cannot keep the posting schedule for a while due to exams or other important events. Ambassadors who are in such situations can send an excuse e-mail explaining the situation with concrete catch up plan. If Eco-generation team agrees on the situation and catch up plan, the ambassador can delay the posting schedule during the term specified on the excuse e-mail.
- If absent period is too long (more than 2 months in a row), there can be significant disadvantage in ambassador term extension.
If you have any inquiry not answered in the above application details and FAQ, please e-mail us at email@example.com