- About Us
- Our Actions
- E-gen Event
- UNEP Event
- Fun Land
[Worldwide] Call for Applications : 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp
by Eco Generation | 28-09-2016 15:16 | Status : Finished 42 Comments
Call for Applications
2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp
February, 2017, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eco-generation of Samsung Engineering would like to offer opportunities to the young students to participate in the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp which will be held in Seoul, South Korea by inviting the respective winners around the world to explore the environmental awareness activities.
Winners will be given the opportunities to participate in the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp which program includes specialist lecture, laboratory demonstrations and experiments, hands-on project, presentation competition and a variety of other activities in order to advance their awareness on the role and commitment to energy efficiency, energy conservation, and mitigating energy-related impacts on the environment. The trip to the 2017 Global Eco-Leader Camp will be in February, 2017 for 6 days and be fully sponsored by Samsung Engineering.
•       To raise awareness among youth within the community towards conservation of the environment
•       To grow future eco-leaders by enhancing global leadership resulting from participating a variety of
•       To fulfill the social responsibility through educating the future generation
•        Organizer : Eco-generation, CSR initiative of Samsung Engineering
•        Host and Sponsor : Samsung Engineering
A. Participants: Eco-generation members around the world aged between 13 and 16
B. Facilitator: Eco-generation member aged 18 or older
•        Roles and Responsibilities
- One shall represent the country they're from during the Camp.
- One shall actively join the programs and group projects.
- One shall follow the instructions of the facilitator and staffs of the Camp for safety.
- One shall post the experiences in the GYELS after returning to their country within 3 weeks.
- Planning / Organizing / Executing the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Program in close cooperation
- Coaching and Mentoring for the participants of 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp
- One shall post the experiences in the Global Eco-Leaders Camp after returning back to their
•        How to apply
- Worldwide (Participants & Facilitators)
1. Go to Application form page : Home>E-gen Event>Monthly Event>No. 92>Application form
2. Write an essay on "How can we motivate people to conserve energy?" in the Content box
3. Attach your CV in the attachment column.
4. Press 'Submit' button on the bottom.
5. To check your application, please visit Home > E-gen Event > Monthly Event>My page
1. Visit this link for more details: Thailand : Home>E-gen Event>Monthly Event>No. 91
•          Application deadline: Nov 12, 2016
•          Application Guide : Please visit this LINK
Participants Selection Plan
※ Selection details can be changed.
※ Detailed schedule may be varied depending on each country and overseas office.
Important Notice for Applications
1. Personal information must be correct. Eco-generation is not responsible for any problem caused by incorrect personal information. If the selected applicant does not respond to the result notice e-mail within 3 days, the selection will be automatically canceled and the opportunity will be given to the next candidate.
2. Only one entry per student allowed. Paper and E-mail applications are not accepted. Late or incomplete applications will be disqualified.
3. If there is not enough number of qualified applicants from one host country, remaining number of the winners can be selected from other countries.
4. We would like to inform you that there is a chance the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp to be canceled. If the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp is canceled, only the certificate and the souvenirs shall be given to the winners by air courier.
Rules and Regulations on Essay Writing
1. Applicants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org to be able to submit their essay.
2. No entry fee is required.
3. Samsung Engineering reserves First Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain the property of the author.
4. All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification.
5. Entries must be from 600 to 800 words in length.
6. Each applicant can submit only one essay.
7. At the discretion of the judges, all well written essays may be published on the Web site.
Conditions for the Trip to South Korea
1. Trip to Korea will last for 5 days in February, 2017. All flights and accommodation will be covered with meal allowances also provided. Economy class flight tickets will be offered. Two delegates shall share one twin room upon genders. English speaking skill is mandatory to participate in the program. Parents of the participants cannot accompany the trip to South Korea because Chaperones from respective Samsung Engineering Offices or partner organization shall accompany the trip from each country.
2. We do NOT support fees for visa and local transportations. Participants must pay their own visa fees to South Korea and should be in the airport of the capital city on the day of departure. Invitation letter for the visa procedure will be provided by the secretariat.
3. Only the worldwide participants can accompany ONE chaperone under the condition to bear their own flight expense. Rest of the cost for the worldwide chaperones shall be beared by Samsung Engineering. If a chaperon cannot accompany, the secretariat will provide Unaccompanied Minors Service by the airlines.
4. We recommend you to get travel insurance in your country before departure.
For more details, please contact us at email@example.com
Samsung Engineering established Eco-generation in 1996 as one of the largest environmental education programs for children and youth in Korea. In 2006, Samsung Engineering expanded the program to the Asia-Pacific region by launching an English Eco-generation (www.eco-generation.org) website in partnership with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). www.eco-generation.org is a children’s educational environmental website that emphasizes learning and sharing knowledge about the environment.
On September 27, 2011 Samsung Engineering and UNEP made steps to reach an international audience by launching tunza.eco-generation.org, a new environmental networking platform for children and youth. Tunza.eco-generation.org is an interactive environmental website that will serve as a platform to educate the community about the environment and create eco-friendly initiatives.
With a 20-year history, Eco-generation is Samsung Engineering’s largest running CSR program, which has been supported by Samsung Engineering’s expertise in the environmental business. This will continue to be one of the company’s core initiatives to support and contribute the new generation via environmental education.
About Tunza Eco-generation website(tunza.eco-generation.org)
Tunza Eco-generation is the social networking platform to be an interactive and vibrant site presenting various possibilities to engage youth, children and organizations from various portals (chat – global, regional and thematic platforms webpage’s with dynamic functions where children and youth are able to upload/update their environmental activities which will then go live online after it has been cleared by an administrator of the platform, possibility of working on documents and editing of the same can take place online various tutorials between experts and young people voting functions/processes on various competitions, databases for various children, youth and sport processes).
About Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd
Samsung Engineering is one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement, construction and project management (EPC&PM) companies. With experience in over 30 countries, the company provides total project management from planning and financing through to construction and commissioning and has built some of the world’s largest and most complex hydrocarbon and industrial plants and facilities. Samsung Engineering has a reputation for delivering projects on time and uses the latest innovations to engineer industry-leading facilities. For more information, please visit www.samsungengineering.com