- About Us
- Our Actions
- E-gen Event
- UNEP Event
- Fun Land
[Asia-Pacific] Handprint Challenge: Sustainability Challenge for Colleges in Asia-Pacific
Date: 28/Jul/2014 to 22/Aug/2014
by Eco Generation | 01-08-2014 15:55 57 Comments
Handprint Challenge: Sustainability Challenge for Colleges in Asia-Pacific
Supported by UNEP, this challenge aims at promoting sustainability in college students across Asia and the Pacific by asking students to form teams (not exceeding 10 members per team), identify sustainability issues on their campus and propose an action plan to be implemented by them in the upcoming months. Top teams will be given a seed funding of up to USD 1000 each (upto USD 750 for preliminary qualifiers and an extra USD 500 for final winners), to implement their action plans and carry out sustainability activities on campus. The reports from these teams will be uploaded and updated on the SAYEN website and their individual profiles on the contest page and based on their Handprint, the teams with the largest Handprint in their region will be adjudged winners and awarded the Handprint flag in an award ceremony at the end of 2014.
For more details about the challenge, please visit
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) All project submissions to the Tunza Asia-Pacific Handprint Challenge will be considered public information and will be available for free download and sharing on the competition website.
2) CEE has the right to post partial and full content of project submissions on the CEE website and social media networks, catalog the project ideas in an online database, and share submission material with others.
3) Team should be made of not more than 10 project team members with team leader and each team member enrolled as a student in a university/college as of 30th July 2014 application is to be submitted by one team leader on behalf of the team of students.
4) Only a bonafide student, who is currently officially enrolled / registered for a degree or diploma at the university/college whose status, is recognized by the appropriate authority of the country, which is of a minimum duration of one academic year and whose examination is conducted by the university shall be eligible to participate.
4.1) Students enrolled/registered in Students of Open Universities and Institutes of Open Learning and Correspondence Course Institutes of Universities shall not be eligible to participate.
4.2) Ph.D. and M. Phil. students will be eligible to participate only if in terms of the concerned University's rules they are regarded to be bonafide students and fulfill other conditions laid down in this behalf.
5) All the eligible students while participating in the challenge shall ensure that they will be active students of the college throughout the challenge
6) Only students who are less than 24 years of age and at least 17 years of age as on 01st July, 2014 can participate.
7) A student who is employed on full time basis will not be considered eligible to participate. However, the student(s) who receive salary or stipend as the case may be, from their part-time employers can participate provided he/she submits No objection Certificate (NOC) from their respective employers.
8) Student(s) shall not be allowed to represent more than one university during a single/same academic year.
9) Provisional admission to a course of university or college shall not make the student(s) eligible to represent the university.
10) In case of a student migrating from one University to another, his/her migration case will be considered eligible only after his/her admission in the new university is regularized and he/she is admitted as a bonafide and eligible student by the new University.
11) Project should follow international copyright policy requirements and include references and sources in appendix
12) Letter of intent signed by the college authorities stating support for all activities proposed by student team is mandatory with the application.
13) Seed funding will be released in two installments, an initial installment before the action project starts and thereafter the final installment upon the successful completion of the project and once the utilization certificate is received. The costs incurred towards the completion of the project in the meantime are to be borne by the participating college.
14) The multimedia to be attached along with the project and outcomes report, which shall be submitted during November 2014 by the 20 finalists should have the following specifications
14.1) Photograph(s) should not exceed 10MB
14.2) Video(s) should not exceed 50MB.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT: Don't hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com for any questions or suggestions. Once you sign-up to the competition we will provide ongoing online support and mentorship.